The Citizen’s Advisory Group (CAG) was established in April 2018 by the boards of San Juan County Public Hospital District No. 1 (SJCPHD #1), San Juan County Fire Protection District #3 (FD #3), and the Town of Friday Harbor (“Town”). Each agency selected one member, and those three members selected the remaining two members. It is an independent body with funding shared between FD #3 and SJCPHD #1. It’s purpose was defined by parallel motions of FD #3 and SJCPHD #1 on April 4, 2018, and is laid out in the minutes of that meeting.
This page will host all of the documents pertaining to the CAG as well as meeting notices. This page will have the most up-to-date meeting time, date, and location information.
The CAG is not bound by the Open Public Meetings Act (OPMA), but unless otherwise noted they have elected to be open to the public.
Please send your comments to email@example.com.
Meetings are generally at the business offices of SJCPHD #1 (849 Spring Street, Unit B5).
October 3, 2018, 6:30 p.m., at SJCPHD #1 (849 Spring Street, Unit B5).
October 17, 2018, 6:30 p.m., at SJCPHD #1 (849 Spring Street, Unit B5).
Meeting Minutes and Documents
- Oct 17, 2018, 6:30 p.m. at SJCPHD #1 business offices. (upcoming)
- Oct 3, 2018, 6:30 p.m. at SJCPHD #1 business offices. (upcoming)
- Sept 5, 2018, 6:30 p.m. @ 660 Mullis Street. This was a working session using a whiteboard, so the audio may be hard to follow. The group began by mapping out the possible options and changes to how EMS service is handled then created charts mapping out pros, cons, and potential issues for each option.
- August 29, 2018: The CAG met with Pamela Hutchins, SJCPHD #1 Chief Executive/Superintendent followed by a work session.
- 8/29/2018 CAG Meeting Minutes
- 8/29/2018 CAG Meeting Agenda
- There is audio for this meeting in four parts: Part 1 (0:30:58), Part 2 (0:30:58) , Part 3 (0:31:44), Part 4 (09:03)
- Superintendent Hutchins distributed 3 handouts: SJCPHD #1 budget, excerpt from AWPHD Manual Part 1, excerpt from AWPHD Manual Part 2.
- August 22, 2018: The CAG met with Duncan Wilson, Town of Friday Harbor Administrator.
- July 18, 2018: The CAG met with Chief Jerry Martin, SJIEMS
- June 27, 2018: The CAG interviewed Chief Brad Creesy, FD #3
- June 20, 2018: First plenary meeting with all five members
- May 31, 2018: First Organizational meeting with 3 appointees who then selected the remaining two appointees
- 5/31/2018 Signed Meeting Minutes
- Documents Distributed:
- Chapter 7, “Knowing the Territory” by MRSC, which covers the Public Records Act.
- MRSC article “State Supreme Court Says Advisory Committees Are Not Subject to the OPMA”
- Local Government Citizen Advisory Boards (page 29, 33-34)
- Charge Document (drawn from meeting minutes)