(Does not include SJI EMS releases)
- November 10, 2021 Press Release Election Results and the Hospital District
- October 11, 2021 Press Release Long Term Care and the Hospital District
- April 22, 2021 Joint Press Release with EMS Clean Bill of Health from State Audit
- March 18, 2021 Press Release Retirement of Superintendent Pamela Hutchins
- February 24, 2020 Press Release Eric Hood Lawsuit
- December 21, 2020 Press Release Cancellation of Sale of Hospice of the Northwest
- October 29, 2020 Press Release Planning Grant Award
- September 28, 2020 Joint Press Release with EMS Response to Guest Column “EMTs Express Their Concerns”
- August 27, 2020 Joint Press Release with EMS Hospital District Reorganization
- August 13, 2020 Press Release Final Phase of Hospital District Strategic Planning
- August 6, 2020 Open Letter to the Fire District
- July 2, 2020 Press Release Update to District Residents
- May 6, 2020 Press Release Integration of EMS and Fire Suspended
- April 10, 2020 Press Release In Appreciation to our Partners in Healthcare and the Public
- March 26, 2020 SJCPHD#1 Letter from Superintendent regarding COVID-19 situation
- March 23, 2020 Statement from Peace Island Medical Center (not the hospital district)
- February 20, 2020 SJCPHD#1 Press Release on Department of Health notices regarding clearing Jerry Martin
- January 22, 2020 SJCPHD#1 Letter to Fire District No. 3 Regarding Integration of EMS and Fire
- November 20, 2019 SJCPHD#1 Response to Attorney General of Washington State regarding Civil Investigative Demand (released to press)
- November 14, 2019 Press Release Regarding four new Board Members for 2020
- November 7, 2019 Press Release Health Insurance Open Enrollment
- September 26, 2019 Letter from Attorney General of Washington State regarding Civil Investigative Demand (see response above; letter released to press)
- September 25, 2019 Press Release regarding closure of Islanders Physical Therapy
- September 18, 2019 Press Release regarding path forward and Administrative Integration IGA between Fire and EMS. UPDATED FROM SEPT 17
- July 5, 2019 Press Release SPANISH regarding the impending closure of San Juan Healthcare
- July 5, 2019 Press Release regarding the impending closure of San Juan Healthcare
- June 6, 2019 Press Release regarding the appointment of Commissioner Rebecca Smith to the North Region EMS and Trauma Care Council
- May 28, 2019 Press Release regarding a donation of $15,000 to the Inter Island Healthcare Foundation to help pay for the feasibility study looking into long term care.
- April 18, 2019 Press Release regarding the EMS Open House and Prospective Candidate Forum for those interested in running for office to be held on May 9th.
- April 5, 2019 Press Release regarding the release of the Citizen’s Advisory Group report regarding the integration of EMS and Fire services on San Juan Island.
SJCPHD#1 can be found on Facebook, @SJCPHD1
District social media is intended to be informational only. Questions, concerns, and comment should be directed to our office at 350-378-2857 or in person at the next Board of Commissioners meeting during public comment.
Generally speaking, comments are not enabled on the SJCPHD#1 Facebook page. Where they are enabled, we reserve the right to remove any posting or comment that is a personal insult, threatening, disruptive, unlawful, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, profane, or otherwise inappropriate in our judgement.
Political campaigning is also not permitted. We reserve the right to temporarily or permanently block any user who violates these terms and conditions.